The Canadian government has offered visa sponsorship for agricultural and farm jobs to hire 447,055 foreign employees in 2023 and 451,000 foreign workers in 2024. This year, approximately one million jobs in the Canadian agricultural sector will be offered in the media and online. The farm/agri-food sector in Canada employed 2.1 million people and contributed 68% of Canada’s GDP.
A lot of fruit picker jobs in Canada are now available with visa sponsorship for all international applicants looking to earn a good living in a developed country like Canada. Picking Canada’s most famous and widely farmed fruit would be the obvious choice. We’re talking about Apple hiring in Canada with Visa sponsorship in 2023. Let us now learn more about Apple Picking Jobs in Canada 2023 with Visa Sponsorship.
Details of Apple Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- Job title: Fruit Picker/ Apple Picker.
- Location: Canada.
- Job Industry: Agriculture/ Farm Jobs
- Job Type: Full-Time/Part-time.
- Duty Hours: 28 to 40 hours per week.
- Experience Required: Will be preferred.
- Knowledge Required: Not High.
- Expected Salary: Up to CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Age Limit: 18 onwards (19 in some Canadian provinces).
Requirements of Apple Picking Jobs in Canada
- There is no minimum level of education required, but some employers favor candidates with a secondary (high school) diploma.
- Must be at least 18 years old, or 19 in some Canadian provinces such as Alberta.
- There is no minimum experience requirement, but some firms want at least one year of experience.
- To work legally in Canada, the candidate must have a clean criminal record.
- Before immigration, the candidate must have a medical examination.
- To be eligible for visa sponsorship, the individual must be able to work lawfully in Canada and meet all immigration requirements.
Benefits of Apple Picking Jobs in Canada
- Seasonal employment: Apple picking jobs are usually seasonal, allowing individuals to earn income at certain times of the year when the apples are ripe for picking. This can be a great option for those looking for temporary work.
- Physical Activity: Apple picking is physically demanding work. This includes climbing stairs, reaching for apples, and carrying boxes full of fruit. This level of physical activity can help individuals stay fit and active.
- Fresh air and scenic locations: Apple orchards are often located in beautiful rural settings, allowing workers to work outside in a natural environment and enjoy fresh air and beautiful scenery.
- Teamwork: Many apple-picking tasks are done in teams or groups. This can promote camaraderie and a sense of teamwork among workers as they cooperate in harvesting the fruit efficiently.
- Skill development: Apple pickers develop skills related to fruit harvesting, such as identifying ripe fruit, using harvesting tools, and careful handling of produce. These skills may be transferable to other agricultural or manual labor roles.
- Earning Potential: Some apple-picking jobs offer payment based on the amount of fruit harvested, allowing workers to potentially earn more by being more efficient and productive.
- Flexible hours: Although apple picking can be physically demanding, it often offers flexible work hours, allowing individuals to choose how many hours they work each day.
- Connection with nature: Working in a garden can provide a deeper connection with nature and an appreciation of the processes of agriculture and food production.
- Seasonal Variety: For those who enjoy variety in their work, apple picking offers seasonal variety. Workers may pursue other interests or jobs during the off-season.
- Employment Availability: Apple orchards often require a significant number of seasonal workers at harvest time, making it relatively easy to find employment opportunities in apple picking, especially in regions where apples are grown. The production is strong.
- Community Engagement: Apple orchards are often integral parts of local communities, and working in them can provide opportunities to engage with and support those communities.
- Minimal Education Requirements: Most apple-picking jobs do not require formal education or specialized skills, making them accessible to a wide range of individuals.
Responsibilities and Obligations of Apple Picking Jobs
- Apple picking in the fields and orchards.
- Sort the clean apple bits from the rotten and broken ones.
- Place the fruit in their appropriate boxes.
- The packages should be labeled.
- Weighing each fruit carton before loading it into the truck.
- Apple trees are manually cultivated and pruned.
- Orchard maintenance includes weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the dirt, and other tasks.
- Manually thinning apples off the trees.
- Before harvest, bins are placed in the orchard.
- Cleaning up the orchard.
- Repairing and discarding old or broken baskets.
- Identifying overripe or rotting apples.
- Ladders weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Load chosen fruits and vegetables into containers with care to avoid any damage.
- Some pickers must also drive tractors or other vehicles to transport fruit and vegetables to the packaging facility.
Fruit/ Vegetables Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Canada is well-known around the world for its year-round fresh greenhouse farm vegetables. Aside from natural fields and orchards of fresh fruits and vegetables, there are numerous man-made greenhouses to satisfy the needs of retailers and consumers. Canada is also the only North American country that publishes annual official government figures on greenhouse production, according to Agriculture.ca.
The rising demand from Canadian and American retailers and customers for a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables all year round is driving the rise of the North American greenhouse business. The following fruits are grown in the greatest amounts in Canadian greenhouses. As a result, a new immigrant looking for work in the Canadian Fruit Picking Sector should look for work in such fruit farms.
- Spartan Apples.
- Saskatoon Serviceberry.
- Easy-peel Citrus Products.
- Dry Onions.
- Sweet Corn.
Average Salary of Apple Picking Jobs in Canada
Other than experience, many factors affect an entry-level security guard’s average pay, including his workplace, the employer’s salary guidelines, the area, the timing of his shifts, and so forth. According to Ca Talent, the typical wage for a security guard in Canada ranges between CAD 27,719 and CAD 30,225 per year, or between CAD 18 and CAD 18 per hour. Given that this employer pays you an hourly rate of CAD 15-20, this employer is paying you fairly, according to these survey figures (gathered from random employers and employees across Canada).
Famous Apple Farms all over Canada:
- Manitoba: Riverbend Orchards. …
- Quebec: Hillspring Farm. …
- PEI: Arlington Orchards. …
- Nova Scotia: Foote Family Farm. …
- BC: Willow View Farms.
- BC: Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm at Taves Family Farm. …
- Ontario: Chudleigh’s. …
- Saskatchewan: Symmetry Orchard.
- Apples of Glasgow.
- Grill Orchards.
How to Apply for Apple Picking Jobs in Canada
- You will be directed to the official job search portal by clicking on the link below; use the application option provided underneath the job description.
- You can also use the search box and the location box to narrow down your job search results. Fill in the blanks with your work title, such as “Farm Jobs in Canada for Foreigners/with Visa Sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in Canada for Working Holiday Workers”, “Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship”, or “Agriculture Jobs in Canada for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship.”
- Select Tasmania, Australia from the location bar to the right of the search box.
- It is preferable to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter in accordance with current market trends, as your employer may notice the layout/presentation.
- Examine the job posting’s specifics, such as the job description, employment prerequisites, job responsibilities, and so on.
- Before applying, make sure you meet all of the prerequisites. Examine the job description and its requirements thoroughly.
- Click the “Online Application” option to the right.
- Fill out the required information and apply.
- Check to see whether you received a confirmation email for your job application.
People Also Ask
What is the average salary of an Apple Picker in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
According to Ca Talent, the typical wage for a security guard in Canada ranges between CAD 27,719 and CAD 30,225 per year, or between CAD 18 and CAD 18 per hour. Given that this employer pays you an hourly rate of CAD 15-20, this employer is paying you fairly, according to these survey figures (gathered from random employers and employees across Canada).
How to apply for fruit picking in Canada?
Many farms will advertise employment openings on their websites, or you can call them to inquire about seasonal positions. You can also inquire at your local farm gate market or fruit and vegetable stand about farm jobs in your region.
How Do I Apply for Apple Picking Jobs in Canada?
Another common way to find fruit-picking work is to contact local farms directly and inquire about job opportunities. Many fruit farms will list job postings on their websites, or you can give them a call to ask about seasonal positions.