Scholar Transportation of Canada, situated in Woodstock, ON, is looking for qualified individuals for the position of Driver, College Bus who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Scholar Transportation of Canada is committed to maintaining the highest levels of security in all workplaces and operational actions. We ensure that all of the transportation services we provide are secure, safe, and dependable. We prioritize driver training, vehicle maintenance, and maintaining a modern fleet.
We choose to honor each model’s hard work and goodwill. We strive to maintain the trust that these companies have built with their customers and communities over time — some for as long as 50 years — by securely transporting students to and from school on a daily basis. Scholar Transportation of Canada undertakes additional background checks on all personnel above what is required by provincial regulations, ensuring that they are qualified to execute at the greatest levels of safety. The chosen candidate will be expected to begin work as soon as possible. The job openings are for full-time or part-time work. Day, Early Morning, and Morning shifts are available.
- The candidate must be fluent in the English Language
- There aren’t any customary training necessities akin to a bachelor’s diploma, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Earlier expertise shouldn’t be obligatory.
- The candidate must be a very good workforce participant with sufficient interpersonal and judgemental abilities.
- The candidate must be organized and versatile in nature.
- The candidate must be punctual.
- The candidate must be reliable.
- The candidate must be dependable.
- The candidate ought to give significance to values and ethics.
- The candidate ought to have wonderful customer support abilities.
- The candidate ought to have a good bodily and wholesome state to carry out all duties rapidly, successfully, and effectively.
- The candidate ought to have wonderful oral communication
- The candidate should be capable of driving for lengthy intervals of time and journeying steadily.
- The candidate should be adaptable and foresighted with the purpose to cope with surprising conditions (site visitors, climate situations and many others)
- The candidate ought to have a powerful understanding of security rules, together with not solely site visitor’s legal guidelines but in addition guidelines governing how usually they have to relax, the utmost variety of miles they will drive, and so forth.
- The candidate must be conversant in fundamental first-help procedures.
- The candidate ought to have wonderful Hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be capable of full the assigned route on time.
- The candidate ought to all the time search for methods to enhance and promote high quality, and may be capable of displaying accuracy and thoroughness.
- The candidate must be well-versed in fundamental car inspection and upkeep, akin to checking tyre stress and oil and water ranges.
- The candidate should be capable of functioning a loaded passenger bus safely and effectively.
- The candidate should journey steadily or continually
- The candidate should be capable of comprehending and clinging to security procedures.
- The candidate must be well-versed in motorcar legal guidelines.
- The candidate ought to have intensive information on auto upkeep and the power to diagnose mechanical issues.
- The candidate ought to have a clear driving report with no at-fault accidents or site visitors citations
- The candidate ought to have an intensive Prison report examined.
- The candidate ought to have a legitimate driver’s licence.
- The candidate ought to be capable of working in fast-paced busy surroundings.
- The candidate must be keen to work below stress.
- Work could contain average publicity to uncommon parts, akin to excessive temperatures, dust, mud, fumes, smoke, disagreeable odours, and/or loud noises.
- Work surroundings entail some publicity to hazards or bodily dangers, which require following fundamental security precautions.
- The candidate ought to have a watch for particulars.
- The candidate must be keen to work for long hours in a sitting place
- The candidate must be required to carry out repetitive duties on frequent foundations.
- The candidate must be a bodily match.
- The candidate should be capable of staying calm in a nerve-racking scenario
- The candidate should pay attention to site visitors and climate situations, in addition, to guaranteeing passenger security.
- The candidate should adhere to the deliberate route and schedule for departure instances and stops.
- The candidate can be anticipated to obey and comply with all site visitor’s legal guidelines.
- The candidate can be anticipated to examine car security options akin to tyres, brakes, flip alerts, mechanical gear, and so forth frequently.
- The candidate can be accountable for monitoring and reporting gas consumption, mileage, and passenger counts.
- The candidate can be required to report delays, mechanical issues and accidents
- The candidate can be anticipated to keep up management of scholar actions whereas travelling with a purpose to keep away from distractions or behaviours that might jeopardise the security
- The candidate can be accountable for responding to emergency and non-emergency conditions.
- The candidate can be accountable for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip car inspections, in addition to overseeing all points of the car.
- The candidate can be required to make roadside repairs on the occasion of an emergency.
- The candidate can be required to regulate brakes.
- The candidate can be required to comply with accident procedures if an accident happens.
- The candidate can be required to drive with excessive warning.
- The candidate can be answerable for preserving the car clearly.
- When obligatory, the candidate can be required to help with bus loading and unloading.
- The candidate can be accountable for implementing bus conduct and security guidelines.
- The candidate can be anticipated to examine the bus earlier than and after every route.
- The candidate can be accountable for guaranteeing the security of all college students getting into and exiting the bus.
- The candidate can be anticipated to reach pick-up and drop-off places on time.
- The candidate should fully upkeep data and incident reviews.
- To be able to function autos in a protected and courteous method, the candidate can be required to comply with site visitor’s rules.
- The candidate can be accountable for safely transporting college students to and from college and for school-related actions.
- Earlier than driving, the candidate should make sure that any mechanical points with the car are corrected.
Methods to Apply
If your thinking about making use of it, apply the given choices.
Employer Name: Student Transportation of Canada
Position: Driver, School Bus
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $18.5 weekly for 15 to 25 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part-time
Location: Woodstock, ON, Canada
Are bus drivers in demand in Canada?
Over the period 2022-2031, new job openings (due to expansion and replacement demand) for bus drivers, subway operators, and other transit operators are expected to total 60,700, with 56,200 new job seekers (due to school leavers, immigration, and mobility) available to fill them.
How do I become a Bus Driver in Canada?
Requirements for Employment
It is necessary to have at least one year of safe driving experience. In Ontario, bus drivers must have a Class B, C, E, or F driver’s license, while all other provinces and territories require a Class 2 driver’s license. A first aid certificate and an air brakes endorsement may be necessary.
Is bus driving a skilled job in Canada?
Bus drivers and other vocations that qualify for permanent residency in Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker program must meet the minimum standards for skilled work experience, language competence, and education.