The London Borough of Havering is looking for dedicated Kitchen Assistants to join our team in a variety of public sector cooking environments, including schools and nursing homes. This position provides a once-in-a-lifetime chance for individuals who are passionate about food production and serving in a community-focused setting. We are happy to sponsor visas for suitable overseas candidates.
You will play an important part in assisting our culinary operations as a culinary Assistant at the London Borough of Havering. This includes food preparation, cleaning, and assistance with meal service. The role is appropriate for someone who is well-organized, efficient, and dedicated to providing high-quality service in the public sector catering industry.
- Jobs Role: Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship
- Company: London Borough of Havering
- Location: London Borough of Havering Town Hall Main Road Romford RM1 3BB, Romford
- Vacancies: 3
- Salary: £12.40 an hour
- Country: UK
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 1 years to less than 5 years
- Assisting with the preparation of meals under the guidance of the head chef.
- Ensuring kitchen and dining areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately.
- Assisting with stock control and management.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety standards in the kitchen.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of basic food hygiene (training will be provided).
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the role.
- Eligibility for visa sponsorship if applying from outside the UK.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme.
- Opportunities for training and career development.
- Visa sponsorship for eligible international candidates.
- Working in a supportive public sector environment.
- Contributing to the local community through your role.
How to Apply:
For more information and to apply, please visit the London Borough of Havering’s official website.
Joining the London Borough of Havering as a Kitchen Assistant means becoming a part of a team devoted to providing quality catering services to the local community. We cherish our employees and are dedicated to their professional development and well-being. We are excited to welcome new team members.
What qualifications do I need to be a Kitchen Assistant?
Basic numerical and writing abilities are required. Some firms require individuals to hold a Level 1 Award in Hospitality Industry Introduction, a Level 1 Certificate in General Cookery, or a Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
What is a Kitchen Assistant called?
Kitchen porters or assistants prepare food, ensure that chefs have everything they need, and maintain the kitchen clean.
What a Kitchen Assistant does?
A kitchen helper will clean the fridge, tables, utensils, cabinets, and other kitchen objects needed in meal preparation. While aiding the kitchen staff, a kitchen assistant may be needed to wash dishes and silverware. They may also be asked to clean pots, pans, and other kitchen equipment.