Join the esteemed team at the Shangri-La Toronto as a security guard to launch an intriguing career in the hospitality industry. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to work in one of the most opulent hotels in Canada, which offers unmatched service and world-class amenities. As a security guard at Shangri-La Toronto, you will be responsible for assuring the safety and security of guests, staff, and property.
You will be responsible for maintaining a secure environment by patrolling assigned areas, monitoring surveillance equipment, regulating access to restricted areas, and responding to any security-related incidents or emergencies.
Details of Security Guard Jobs in Canada
- Company: Shangri-La Toronto
- Location: 188 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5H 0A3, Canada
- No. of Vacancies: 10
- Industry: Hospitality & Hotel
- Salary: CAD 15 – CAD 25 Per Hour
- Country: Canada
- No degree certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
Benefits Of Security Guard Jobs in Canada
- Job Security: Security is a fundamental need for individuals and organizations, so the demand for security guard services is constant. This ensures a high level of employment security in the field.
- Diverse Work Settings: Security guards can operate in a variety of environments, including office buildings, shopping malls, hospitals, schools, and special events. This diversity allows for a variety of experiences and difficulties.
- Training and Career Advancement: Numerous security companies offer training programs and advancement opportunities. You can gain knowledge in areas such as emergency response, surveillance, and conflict resolution.
- Flexibility: The majority of roles for security guards offer flexible work hours, including both part-time and full-time positions. This can be advantageous for individuals with diverse scheduling requirements.
- Physical Fitness: The job can help you maintain physical fitness because it frequently requires walking, patrolling, or prolonged standing, which can contribute to an active lifestyle.
- Networking: Security guards interact with numerous individuals, including colleagues, customers, and law enforcement. This affords opportunities to cultivate a network of contacts that can be advantageous to one’s future career prospects.
- Community Contribution: By guaranteeing safety and security, security guards play an indispensable role in their communities. Knowing you are assisting in the protection of people and property can be personally satisfying.
- Competitive Pay: Depending on the location and specific position, security officer jobs may offer competitive pay and benefits, particularly for those with experience or specialized skills.
- Skill Development: Working as a security officer can aid in the development of important life skills, such as problem-solving, communication, conflict resolution, and emergency response, which can be useful in a variety of contexts.
- Entry-Level Opportunities: Numerous security guard positions require minimal formal education, making them accessible to a broad spectrum of candidates, including those without a bachelor’s degree.
- Uniforms and Equipment: Employers frequently provide uniforms and necessary equipment, reducing employees’ out-of-pocket costs for work attire.
- Legal Knowledge: Legal Knowledge Security officers may acquire knowledge of security and safety-related laws and regulations, which can be useful in a variety of situations.
- Teamwork: Security guards frequently work in groups, nurturing collaboration and camaraderie among coworkers.
- Variety of Roles: There are a variety of roles within the security industry, from unarmed officers at shopping malls to armed guards at high-security facilities. This diversity enables individuals to select roles that match their interests and abilities.
- Public Relations: Interactions with the public and customers can enhance interpersonal and customer service skills.
Responsibilities of Security Guard Jobs in Canada
- Conduct routine patrols of assigned areas to maintain a secure setting.
- Observe security cameras and alarm systems
- Control access to restricted areas and verify individuals’ identities.
- Respond promptly to security incidents and emergency situations
- Provide outstanding customer service by addressing visitors’ questions and concerns.
- As required, complete detailed incident reports
- Keep abreast of hotel policies, procedures, and emergency procedures
- Collaborate with other departments to guarantee a seamless experience for guests.
Requirements of Security Guard Jobs in Canada
- Prior experience in security or a related discipline is desired but not mandatory
- A valid security guard license is a plus (training is available if necessary).
- Excellent observational abilities and attention to detail Strong communication skills with the ability to professionally manage challenging situations
- Capable of working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Emergency response procedure familiarity is advantageous.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be eligible for a Canadian work visa (assistance is available if required).
At Shangri-La Toronto, we value our employees and provide them with a competitive compensation package, opportunities for advancement, and a positive work environment. Apply now to join our team of dedicated professionals if you are enthusiastic about providing superior security services in a luxury setting. Please note that only qualified applicants will receive an interview invitation.
For More Info:
Email Your CV, and We’ll Find the Best Pathway For you: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Also Ask
Is there a security job in Canada?
We found 434 airport security guard jobs in Canada. The job postings found are for all security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 64410).
How can I get a security job in Canada?
Before you can become a security guard in Canada, you must meet the basic requirements. You must be at least 18 years old, have a clean criminal record, and be legally eligible to work in Canada. Typically, a high school diploma is required to obtain an entry-level job as a security guard.
Are security guards in demand in Canada?
Over the period 2022–2031, the number of job openings (arising from expansion demand and replacement demand) for security guards and related security service occupations is expected to total 45,900, while the number of job seekers (arising from school leave, immigration, and mobility) is expected to total 38,100.