Let me inform you that you can now study for free in Germany because education in Germany has been declared completely free by their government, and this is why German Universities are now offering admissions to international students without any fees, but the only stumbling block for you will be to clear admission eligibility criteria, as well as German university language requirements.
You may be wondering which English language tests are accepted by German universities for admission purposes. A commonly accepted English language test is IELTS, but this one is very expensive and difficult, so in this article I shared very valuable information about those German universities where you can apply for admission without the need for an IELTS exam, because these universities may accept IELTS alternative tests.
You may ask me why you should consider studying in Germany, and I will start by telling you that you will not be forced to pay any fees to study in Germany, and you may also be eligible for a German scholarship. Furthermore, if you graduate from a German institution, you will have a great possibility of receiving a German scholarship for your next degree or finding job in major German firms such as Audi, BMW, Volkswagen, Mercedes, and so on.
Why should you study in Germany?
Following are some of the best reasons to choose Germany as a study destination:
- Top Ranked German Universities offering scholarships and ensuring employment after graduation
- Get enrolled at dentistry/medicine, industrial engineering, computer, architecture, business, & law courses
- International standard academic curriculum offered in Universities in Germany
- Education in Germany is free but you have to support your living expense and have to open blocked bank account before your arrival in German else you can also get DAAD scholarship
- Learn Complicated German Language for free and grab an opportunity to work in Germany
List of Top German Universities Accepting International Students Without IELTS
IELTS is a required exam all over the world to demonstrate your proficiency in the English language at the time of admission to the university that will teach the course in the English language; however, this test can be a barrier for most non-native English speakers, preventing them from pursuing their dreams. Many colleges and institutions in Germany admit students without requiring IELTS or any other language competency exam.
The following are the names of German Universities that offer admissions without IELTS:
- University of Kaiserslautern
- University of Siegen
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Giessen
- University of Koblenz and Landau
- Braunschweig University of Technology (TU Braunschweig)
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule Esslingen
IELTS substitutes accepted at German universities in 2024
If you do not have an IELTS exam, we have listed some alternatives that you can use as proof of language proficiency.
- Students can prove proficiency in the English language by attaining a document from their previous attended academic institution which will state that their previous degree was taught entirely in the English language.
- You are not required to give IELTS test scores if your bachelor degree was taught entirely in the English medium or if you hold PTE, TOEFL, Duolinguo or CAE test results.
- There are some universities who check the proficiency in the English language of the students by conducting an interview with the applicant.
However, it is always recommended that you obtain information from the university about the types of English language competency proof that they accept.
Last but not least, we hope that this post has helped you comprehend and know that you may always apply to German colleges without an IELTS score in order to pursue your favorite course. However, if you are still unclear, please inquire and remark.
Do I need IELTS for Germany?
International students who intend to study in Germany must take the IELTS exam as part of the admissions procedure. Most undergraduate and postgraduate courses demand a score of 6.0 or above.
Can I apply to DAAD without IELTS?
The language requirements vary based on the course for which you desire to apply. Normally, an IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score 550 paper based, 213 computer based, and 80 internet based) certificate is required to apply for a DAAD scholarship.
Is it possible to get student visa in Germany without IELTS?
Yes, you can study in Germany without taking IELTS. Most German universities accept students who do not have IELTS. They only ask for proof of English proficiency, which you can provide in a variety of ways. As a result, most German universities do not require IELTS.